The National Restaurant Association releases the State of the Restaurant Industry report each year in the spring. I read the report summary, and this is what I learned at a glance:
- Restaurant industry sales are forecast to reach $863 billion in 2019.
- Approximately half of restaurant operators surveyed say their business is stronger than it was two years ago.
- The industry employs 15.3 million workers and continues to be the country’s second largest private-sector employer. By 2029, the industry will have added 1.6 million new restaurant jobs.
- Off-premises and delivery options are a ‘must have’ - More than six in 10 operators say their off-premises sales, which include takeout and delivery, are higher than they were two years ago.
- Technology will continue to boost business - consumers are demanding convenience and back of house operations need to be streamlined to remain competitive.
- Recruiting and retaining employees are the top challenges for many operators.
Click here to read the article - if you are a member of the National Restaurant Association, you can receive a copy of the full report for free.
And if you are interested in learning more about how our systems can help you with takeout, delivery and other restaurant technology solutions, give us a call at 907-243-2683 or fill out the form below: