During this crisis, we are all learning together as we go. We have been talking to customers and attending all sorts of webinars to help with best practices for online ordering.
Here are a few that are MUSTS for your restaurant:
- Put your best people on the front line - they are now the face of your business!
- Update all of your social media platforms with your "Order Now" link. If you are table service, consider removing "Reserve Now" with "Order Now".
- Pin your "Order Now" to the top of your pages. Make all Call to Action buttons link to your online ordering platform.
- Include a link to your online ordering platform in every message and email that goes out to your customers.
- Make sure "Order Now" is highly visible on your website.
- Make sure your Google List has "Order Now" top and center on your listing.
- Make it convenient for your customers to order (FYI, customers now consider having to make a phone call inconvenient).
- Utilize your loyalty program to communicate with and market to the database of loyal customers and offer specials specifically to this list. Many apps and loyalty programs will actually push messages out to customers when they are in the proximity of your business.
- Make sure your menu is clear, concise and accurate. Many restaurants are offering targeted menus during this period. This also helps cut food and labor costs.
- Evaluate your menu for the items that travel and heat up well to look and taste as they do as if the customer is dining in your restaurant. Family and take and bake meals are doing really well.
- Throw in some swag or a special offer that benefits the community (I saw one restaurant that was offering a free roll of toilet paper with every order!) You have to differentiate yourself.
- Offer curbside and delivery services.
If you need help with any of these items, we have the resources to help you.