Today the conversation around computers and viruses takes on a whole new meaning.
Elo, the maker of many touchscreen systems in the world, shared these guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting screens.
These methods could be used for all you POS device screens to keep them clean.
This technical bulletin describes the recommended cleaning and disinfecting procedure for Elo products relative to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Included are recommended disinfectant products that are safe for use with Elo products and approved by the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Important considerations before cleaning your Elo product
1. Disconnect the power cable.
2. Select only non-abrasive cleaning cloths to avoid scratching touchscreens.
3. Do not get liquids inside the unit. If liquids get inside the unit, have a qualified technician determine whether it is safe to power the unit back on.
4. Avoid highly concentrated (70%+) alcohol, bleach or ammonia solutions, as these may cause discoloration.
1. Dampen a clean, non-abrasive cloth with a mild soap-and-water solution. Ensure excess moisture is squeezed from the cloth.
2. Clean the surfaces and allow them to dry.
3. Dampen a new clean, non-abrasive cloth with your chosen disinfectant. Ensure excess moisture is squeezed from the cloth. Or use recommended pre-dampened wipes.
4. Disinfect the surfaces and allow them to dry.
5. For disinfectant solutions that are safe for use with Elo products, see below.
US CDC-recommended disinfectant solutions safe for Elo products
• Household bleach solution (1/3 cup bleach per gal. of water)
• Isopropyl alcohol (70% solution)
More information from the CDC on disinfecting procedures for Coronavirus Disease 2019
(COVID-19) can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaning-disinfection.html
US EPA-recommended disinfectants safe for Elo products including registration No.
• Clorox Disinfecting Wipes Reg. No. 5813-79
• Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes Reg. No. 67619-12
• Clorox Commercial Solutions Hydrogen Peroxide
Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes Reg. No. 67619-25
• Lonza Disinfectant Wipes Reg. No. 6836-313
See the link below for other POS related COVID-19 Resources: