From Oracle Hospitality - Trends Influencing Point of Sale:
- Cloud technology: The move to cloud is well underway for food and beverage operators. Moving to cloud enables you to take advantage of all of the benefits of paying only for the technology that you use, while saving money by centralizing your administration and remaining innovative when new features and payment methods emerge.
- Data security: In the digital age, security is more important than ever. Data breaches can have a devastating impact on brands.
- Data analytics: Many operators are grappling with big data and working out what to do with the vast amounts of information that they have. The successful food and beverage operators will be those who can access the right data in the right formats to identify ways of cutting costs and maximizing revenues.
- Mobility: Mobile technology is redefining the way that service is delivered in food and beverage operations. From staff-facing tablets to guest-facing smartphone apps, operators need to provide the right services to accommodate changing guest expectations.
- Loyalty: The millennial generation expects a frictionless guest experience that is personalized without them knowing it. Loyalty programs offers a great insight into guest behavior and preferences, allowing you to deliver better service and increase revenues.
- Omnichannel: Consumers want to have choices when it comes to the way they order and pay for food and drinks. Brands need to consider the various third-party payment systems available and understand what their customers want.
- Customer engagement: Using technology to engage with customers in innovative ways offers unique opportunities for brands to stay ahead of the pack.