I just returned from the RSPA (Retail Solutions Providers Association) annual conference – RetailNOW in Orlando.
One of the takeaways is that businesses, no matter what the industry, share some fundamental issues.
Below are some of the ideas regarding employee recruitment and retention from thought leaders in the retail technology industry:
- “A superior employee experience begins with personalizing the recruiting experience.”
- “If we’re not focusing on being flexible with our employees, we know another company is. You have to build something people want to be a part of.”
- “This is no more they sell us (in the recruiting process). It’s how we sell them – on the adventure, the idea, and the mission.”
- “You need a list of behaviors and attitudes that you hold employees to and recruit for.”
- “The candidates who are familiar with the phrase ‘employee experience’ are typically higher level. They care about mission, vision, values, and growing the bottom line.”
- “Don’t just hang your mission on the wall. Give examples every week of employees living your mission.”
- “A one-time aha moment doesn’t work anymore.”
One reason we attend these conferences is for us to be thought leaders in the industry. We are not your average point of sale company.