Objective: To get team members learning new and interesting things about each other
We recommend using this icebreaker when your team players know each other fairly well and when there is a level of trust among the group.
Recent research has actually found that trust is linked directly to positive team performance, so we can’t recommend enough ensuring that trust is at the forefront of your team's culture
- Pick one team member to be the first target, they must stand outside the room.
- All other team members write one thing (make sure it’s a nice or complimentary thing!) about the target on a piece of paper.
- Collect all the pieces of paper and randomly select one to read aloud. The target must guess who they think wrote the ‘gossip’ about them.
- If the target’s guess is correct, a new target is selected. However, if the target guesses incorrectly, then keep reading out the statements until the target gets it right!
- Play this game until every person has had a go at being the target.
We all came away with a better appreciation of each other and smiles on our face.
If you have an ice breaker you would like to share, click the link below. We would love to learn what works for your team!