Many indicators point to a busy tourism season this summer. After the pandemic, there is a lot of pent up demand for people to get out and see our great state! (Yes, tourism is a season in Alaska, just like breakup is a season.)
This past year, businesses have often had to focus just staying afloat. But now it seems there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Remember busy season? Summer, tourists, people in general just out and about more, and businesses get busy!
Is your business ready?
Here are a few tips and reminders to make sure you are ready with your point of sale system:
- Make sure you have plenty of supplies on hand - running out of credit card, kitchen printer or receipt paper on a Friday night could be a real problem! Tip: Keep an emergency box with a few rolls/ribbons hidden away - just remember to refill it if you have to break into it. Call us at 907-243-2683, and we can make sure you have plenty of supplies for the season. Plus, when you order in quantity, you receive greater discounts. Click here to order online and stock up before the rush. We also have many delivery and shipping options.
- Make sure your shelves are stocked - review your inventory and movement reports.
- It is not going to be business as usual - customers want options like online menus, online ordering, ordering and paying on their phone, contactless payments, curbside pickup, delivery, etc. Is your technology up-to-date? If not, call us, and we can get you started now!
- Gift Cards - if you don't have a program, sign up now! We have many options for you to choose from. If you do have a gift card program, double check to make sure you have plenty on hand.
- Have you reviewed the disaster plan for your business - internet goes down, computers go haywire, sprinklers flood your business... Here is a link to a quick disaster plan refresher.
- Training - is it time to brush up and review your training procedures for point of sale transactions and/or back office procedures? A little time spent now can help prevent slow downs during a rush.
- Protect your cash - prevent damage to your point of sale system during break-ins (yes, these happen too), by remembering to leave your cash drawer open when you are closed - thieves will often destroy your register trying to break into an often empty drawer.
For other tips, suggestions or general help at the beginning of the season, call us at 907-243-2683, or click below to sign up for a free consultation. We are VERY excited and optimistic for the upcoming season and look forward to hearing from you!