You know what we are talking about - that busy season - summer, tourists, people in general just out and about more. And businesses get busy!
It happens every year - and we think it is a good thing!
Here are a few tips and reminders to make sure you are ready with your point of sale system:
- Make sure you have plenty of supplies on hand - running out of credit card or receipt paper on a Friday night could be a real problem! Tip: Keep an emergency box with a few rolls/ribbons hidden away - just remember to refill it if you have to break into it. Call us at 907-243-2683, and we can make sure you have plenty of supplies for the season. When you order in quantity, you receive greater discounts.
- Gift Cards - if you don't have a program, sign up now! If you do have a gift card program, double check to make sure you have plenty on hand.
- Have you reviewed the disaster plan for your business - internet goes down, computers go haywire, sprinklers flood your business... Here is a link to a quick disaster plan refresher.
- Is your backup system working? What if your hard drive crashes or someone takes your back office computer (yes, this actually happens)? We have simple and affordable offsite backup plans.
- Training - is it time to brush up and review your training procedures for point of sale transactions and/or end of day procedures? A little time spent now can help prevent slow downs at the register.
- Protect your cash - prevent damage to your point of sale system during break-ins (yes, these happen too), by remembering to leave your cash drawer open when you are closed - thieves will often destroy your register trying to break into an often empty drawer.
For other tips, suggestions or general help at the beginning of the season, call us at 907-243-2683, or click below to sign up for a free consultation.